I’m starting my days with a cup of coffee and triple ginseng, American, Panax, and Siberian. Among the many benefits, ginseng works well as an adaptogen, increasing energy, reducing fatigue, offering adrenal support, reducing the effects of stress, and boosting the immune system. #supplements #GNC #fitness #instafitness #instadaily #igers #bodybuilding
This is a reality that I deal with on a regular basis. Getting priorities straight is one of the biggest difficulties for most. Many will convince themselves that they truly can’t commit to a fit lifestyle when they actually can if they made some sacrifices. You can’t help someone until they are willing to help themselves first. #truth #NoMoreMrNiceGuy #consultation #fitness #instafitness #instadaily #igers #instafunny #lol #memes
The holiday with the family was legit! I’m pretty sure I gained about 5 lbs. I’m back now and it’s time to get back on the grind and make things happen. Time to take things to the next level! #fitness #me #bodybuilding #instafitness #holidays #GrindMode #instadaily
What goes on in our mind dictates a large amount of our physical reality. Those who see success are very consistent with using positive reinforcement to structure their lives. When it comes to fitness, see yourself succeeding. Visualize success and where you want to be. Never think you are stuck in a current position; everyone had the power to succeed if they feed themselves the right information and maintain the proper mindset.
I guess a small amount, but remember that skin is very elastic and it can tighten back up.
I usually stick to fitness and nutrition related posts but I decided to switch things up and make a more personal post. Here’s a few things you may or may not know about me, some of them being fitness related-
- I was obese. I lost 100 pounds of fat over about a year span.
- I grew up with a mentally abusive father (who still denies it to this day) who picked on me because I was obese.
- Many of the lessons about life, the importance of integrity, honesty, hard work, etc., were taught to me by my grandma and mom.
- I was arrested when I was younger, managing a felony and two misdemeanors. At this point in my life my mom told me she felt I didn’t have much direction. We both acknowledge the fact that fitness and nutrition gave me the direction I needed.
- I never tried any type of drug or drank in my life. Nothing.
- I’ve always lived on the West Coast and I’m perfectly fine with that.
- I’ve been training for almost 13 years now. When I first started deadlifting I was pulling about 115 pounds. I can now pull about 500 pounds.
- I firmly believe everyone, no exceptions, can become a success story. I managed to turn my life around when I was likely the last person someone would have guessed would do it. I know the power of the mind and the ability that lies within and I have committed to revealing that to others.
1. I’ll get some pictures up, I promise! But you follow me on Instagram as well, so you always have those as a back up. Haha. I remember this girl made fun of me before for having pictures of myself, saying I was conceited. Funny thing is, she has hundreds of photos of herself.
2. She is! A buddy of mine was suggesting I do an Instagram page just for her. She puts a smile on my face.
3. Gluten sensitivities are very real but what bothers me is how much they are blown out of proportion. People love to act as though our entire society is sensitive to it when that’s simply NOT the case. As you know, sensitivity can vary from individual to individual and some can very much benefit from cutting it out, or at least reducing it. Many times if people simply reduce it they will see a change; you might just be one of those individuals. But bear in mind that if you keep it reduced you can still enjoy those foods you love time to time. Besides, we shouldn’t be eating pizza every day anyway…. Although it would be awesome if we could. :)
Hot sauce is a must for me. It makes it easy to take a fairly plain dish and make it much more enjoyable. Thanks, Costco. #costco #MyMexicanSide #cholula #Trixie #food #fitness #instafood #instafitness #instadaily #yum
A few facts not everyone in the fitness/nutrition field knows/admits-
1. An individual CAN lean out with a higher carbohydrate intake. An individual CAN lean out efficiently with a lower carbohydrate intake.
2. Protein intake is relative to needs, meaning that if you sit around all day then you don’t need as high of a protein intake.
3. Fat CAN be good. Fat CAN be bad.
4. Calories are NOT created equally. While a diet might meet your calorie needs it doesn’t mean it’s healthy.
5. Body composition is NOT always a direct indicator of health.
6. Training in the morning IS a great time to train. Training in the evening IS a great time to train.
7. If progress is slow you are still kicking the ass of those who do nothing at all.
8. Great bodies are not achieved over night.
9. Everyone has a different body type and metabolism which means results vary.
10. CONSISTENCY rules over other variables. Even if all the answers are not known knowledge will be discovered over time.
I have a client I’m helping right now (nutrition consultation) and she’s been getting great results. She comes to me so excited, saying how she doesn’t know how much weight she’s losing (I don’t let her weigh herself very often) but she’s been losing inches off her waist. She told me she fitted into some jeans she hasn’t been able to wear in a long time and her clothes in general are baggier. It’s funny to me because she was telling me stories of people trying to tell her to change what she’s doing, that supposedly there’s better ways of going about things. But, as long as the results keep coming, what do we care what they say?
True story #HellYeah #true #fitness #SilverLining #instafitness #instafunny #lol #instadaily #bodybuilding
I recently had some workouts that were amazing; laser focus and intensity were there and the weights felt light. Everyone loves those days and we’re quick to celebrate them. Today unfortunately didn’t have the same result. It’s interesting to see people have such a negative outlook on the days in which they have a sub par workout. Ultimately, a sub par workout equates to more accomplishment then sitting on the couch all day. We must learn to take the good with the bad, or is that the bad with the good? Either way, it’s important to recognize there are ups and downs and that’s simply the way it is. It’s impossible to create a situation in which every single workout is the best workout ever. Many factors influence workout performance and sometimes it’s hard to pinpoint what that variable was. I tell people- have long term vision and know that you are doing what is right if you are staying consistent and working as hard as you can; accept the ups and downs for what they are ad keep pushing forward.
I’m not sure how many people out there know about Tom Venuto. Maybe you all have ran across his blogs, websites, books, etc., or, maybe not, but he is one of the most recognized and trusted names in fitness. I love what he stands for and his level of expertise and understanding is quite amazing.
I was going through some of his posts he has made in the past and came by something he wrote on If It Fits Your Macros, or simply IIFYM. For those who are not aware, IIFYM stats that overall calorie count and macronutrients matter more so than food selection, timing of meals, and so on. I acknowledge that the method can be very beneficial for some but too often I see people promoting the method in a horrible way. This is something that has always bothered me and as I read through Mr. Venuto’s information it was revealed he feels the exact same way! So instead of explaining it, here’s what he had to say-
"My quibble with IIFYM is not against the overall concept- but that extreme followers of IIFYM have become victims of and promoters of dichotomous thinking (pot, meet kettle). They’ve excluded the (sensible) middle and become reductionists. “Just hit your calories and macros and NOTHING else matters.” Every time I hear that, it makes me LOL.
The pendulum effect in diet and fitness has hit us again. The great irony is that it has swung away from good health. I agree that calories and macros for each day are the top priority in the hierarchy of importance, at least when it comes to weight loss. But what about health?
Where the extreme IIFYM attitude (“Just hit your macros and calories – nothing else matters”) fails the most is by excluding micronutrition, food quality and good health. Don’t our food choices affect our health, energy, mental state and overall wellness too? Shouldn’t health be on top of our goals and values list, not just low body fat?….
On the other hand, if by IIFYM someone is thinking, “Just get your macros and calories right and nothing else matters,” well, that is beyond laughable– it’s stupid. Let’s see them eat one meal a day of Twinkies with protein powder (it could fit their macros!) and then check back with me next year so I can ask, “How’s that working out for ya?”
I couldn’t have said it better.
Cardio session complete. Jumped rope for 40 minutes. I’ve been on myself to prioritize my cardio and lean out further. I don’t have a fast metabolism so I can’t get away with skipping it. #me #cardio #fitness #HaveToGetItIn #NoExcuses #instafitness #instadaily #igers
Your ask box isn’t enabled so I hope you don’t mind me posting this!
I appreciate the compliments! I don’t believe in trying to be someone we are not; just stay true to who you are and whoever likes you, likes you, whoever doesn’t, doesn’t.
P.S. I’ll make sure to spam my page with more photos of my face now that I know there’s a demand for it. ;)